This is it, y’all! I am finishing 2015 goals this month! I will do a short wrap-up at the end of the year. I don’t want to; I didn’t do more than I did. However, I am confident that I accomplished more this year with my goals than I would have without them.
Looking back over my goals, I found there are a few things I either forgot I wanted or lost focus. Knowing that I had to stop by and write about them each month helped me stay accountable. It also helped me develop the habit of reviewing my goals each month. Both are important ingredients to effective goal setting.
Would you do me a favor? Let me know in the comments below if this public chronicling of my goals helped or encouraged you. I am praying about my goals for 2016, about the direction I want to go and where God is asking me to go. I will have goals; that is who I am. But, I’m not sure how helpful it is to YOU to bring them up month after month.
I continue to struggle with the work-home-write balance. This is a huge area of consideration for 2016.
Exercise 3 x week. (I ran a 5k this month and improved my time over last year by almost 4 minutes!)
Read 2 books. (I can’t say enough about using an audiobook service such as Audible. I get in all of my fiction reading through my earbuds. And, it makes the housecleaning go so much faster!)
Distortion, Terri Blackstock
Coming Clean: A Story of Faith, Seth Haines (Read my review here.)
The Help, Kathryn Stockett (I loved the movie. Reading the book made me fall in love with Minnie, Abilene, and Skeeter all over again.)
Choose Joy: Finding Hope and Purpose When Life Hurts, Sarah Frankl and Mary Carver (Releasing January 2016. Go ahead and preorder this one. I highlighted my pre-release copy so much it looks like a rainbow! )
Faith of My Fathers (Chronicles of the Kings, Volume 4), Lynn Austin
1. Weekly connection time with David. (I’m not sure about this one. I didn’t track it in my planner. But, we are in a better place than last month due to some intentional conversations and time together.)
Monthly date night. (A big “thank you” to our church for providing childcare for a Married People Date Night!)
3. Read aloud 1 book with the girls. (We continued with 7th Heaven, but slowed our pace due to some big 6th-grade homework issues.)
Do what you can to keep the house decluttered and the laundry folded. (And November was way better than October.)
Post to the blog 3x a week.
2. Resume edits of the eBook. (I didn’t even touch it. Come on, girl! You can do it!)
This will be a busy month with added holiday events and preparations. Lots of grace on the goals and lots of emphasis on relationships this month. I don’t want to lose Jesus in pursuit of doing more.
1. Exercise 3 x week.
2. Read 2 books. (I am on 3 book launch teams so my reading list is set and somewhat required reading.)
3. Set 2016 goals.
1. Weekly connection time with David.
2. Monthly date night.
3. Weekly Christmas movie night with the girls.
1. Decorate for Christmas.
2. Keep up morning and evening routines.
1. Post to the blog 3x a week.
2. Resume edits of the eBook.
It is time to start looking at your goals for 2016! Visit these posts to get some direction.
Product links are affiliate links.