I am nearing the finish line. I can feel the burn in my legs and the sharp cut of cold air as it rushes in my lungs. I started this race strong, full of determination and grit. With a few stumbles along the way, injury and discouragement threaten to slow me down.
I will finish this race!
Goal setting requires micro-adjustments; you have to remain flexible.
There are two months left in 2015. I am glad I set those goals back in December. They helped to propel me forward this year. As life has shifted and changed, so have my goals. I simplified last month and plan to keep goals simple again this month.
1. Exercise 3 x week. (Didn’t happen every week. Can I blame fever, snot, and vomit? But, I did get back into the routine by the month’s end.)
Read 2 books.
Shadow in Serenity, Terri Blackstock
The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde (This was my first time to read this classic. It is wonderful!!)
Money Making Mom, Crystal Paine (I am on the launch team for this book. You can pre-order now and get some great freebies from Crystal.)
1. Monthly date night. (We are working on a solution to our childcare issues.)
2. Read aloud 1 book with the girls. (I got LPS, you know—lazy parent syndrome. Instead of picking up a book at the library, I grabbed the first season of 7th Heaven. My girls are hooked (and, honestly, so are their parents)! And the best part, the whole series is available on Amazon Prime!)
Do what you can, sister. No judgment here! (I did manage to get the toilets scrubbed a few times!)
Post to the blog 2x a week. (I tried to drop down to 2x a week. It didn’t work. I am settled into a 3x a week pattern. It is working for now!)
I am keeping my October in an effort to keep it simple. I want to make time with David a bigger priority this month. Marriage is fragile and must be protected.
1. Exercise 3 x week.
2. Read 2 books.
1. Weekly connection time with David.
2. Monthly date night.
3. Read aloud 1 book with the girls. (Honestly, I may stick to my LPS habits.)
Do what you can to keep the house decluttered and the laundry folded.
1. Post to the blog 3x a week.
2. Resume edits of the eBook.
Are you still holding strong with your 2015 goals? I would love to hear about it in the comments below. It’s not too early to start thinking about goals for 2016. Try these posts to get you started: