After much reading and soul-searching, I started 2015 with a list of goals. Hopefully you took a few minutes to write down your goals for 2015. Research reveals that about 36% of goal-setters will abandon their goals by Jan 31. In an effort to encourage us along, I thought I would stop in from time-to-time and let you know how I am doing on my goals.
Life can get in the way of meeting our goals. We set our focus and then are constantly bombarded with distractions. Michael Hyatt said of resistance, “We should find people who’ve done what want to do or can show us how. If we can see the road, we can walk it.” I look for others who are meeting goals and making the most of their time. It encourages me to keep going. That is the purpose behind these goal updates; to let you know we can do this!
At the start of each month, I list out the steps I need to take to reach each goal. I selected a few to focus on during the month of February. Each week I pick a few of my focus goals to address. This keeps me from getting overwhelmed. I really love the Tools4Wisdom Planner; it helps me think through this process and keeps my goals in my face all week.
My overall goal in February was to make habits out of the routines I established in January. Some became a bit more habitual and some of my disciplines disappeared.
Memorize 2 verses. (Psalm 86:11 and Proverbs 14:29)
2. Sleep 7 hours a night (I am really struggling with this one! I have only done this a few nights)
Exercise 3-4 x week; resume 5k training.
Read 2 books. (I read five + our read aloud book)
168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think (Laura Vanderkam)
Happy Habits for Every Couple (Kathi Lipp)
The Buddha in the Attic (Julie Otsuka)
The ABC’s of Freezer Cooking (Kim Logan)
15 Success Traits of Pro Bloggers (Jonathan Milligan) FREE on Amazon right now!
Weekly movie night; monthly date night. (Thanks, Mom!)
1:1 time with each daughter.
3. Fourteen in February (I will not kiss and tell. But, this goal has made a HUGE difference in my marriage and in my husband. While I do not plan to set a numerical goal for March, I do plan to keep this area of our marriage a focus. The results are worth it!)
Read aloud 1 book with the girls. (About Average by Andrew Clements. Claire picked this one and it was a really great conversation starter for bullying, and finding self-worth in who God created you to be. I also discovered our best reading time after failing at this goal in January. We read during snack time after the kids get off the bus. All three of us look forward to it!)
Complete Declutter 365 challenge.
Complete 1 freezer meal session. (I made 15 meals in 2 hours. It has significantly cut down on my kitchen time each day.)
Review budget with David.
1. Complete Blogging Your Passion University. (I am almost done, but this goes back on the list for March.)
2. Write “away” 2x this month (I need some concentrated, uninterrupted time). (I did this once at home during B’s nap while the kids watched a movie. Not exactly what I wanted, but it worked!)
3. Complete 1 online course for my OT CEU. (This is on my list for today!)
My overall goal in March is to capture my time. I get stuck in time-sucking activities. Focus is my focus!
1. Memorize 2 verses.
2. Sleep 7 hours a night.
3. Exercise 3-4 x week and drink 8 glasses of water daily.
4. Read 2 books.
1. Weekly movie night; monthly date night.
2. 1:1 time with each daughter.
3. Serve with my family.
4. Read aloud 1 book with the girls. (Claire picked Mr. Popper’s Penguins)
1. Complete Declutter 365 challenges.
2. Develop consistency with my cleaning routine.
What goals did you meet for February? Celebrate those successes! How can you make progress toward your 2015 goals in March? Write them down and keep them visible. We can do this!
(Product links are affiliate links. Thanks for the support!)